Romantic and/or sexual relationships between characters are an extremely popular subject in the Hyperdimension Neptunia series. A majority of them are never confirmed, fortunately for some.
This is intended to be a list of the couples most commonly seen in the games and excludes "crack pairings". Brief explanations of the origins, would also be welcome for inclusion.
- The two are commonly seen together in official art. In-game, Noire has a tsundere attitude towards Neptune, and Neptune knows it. However, she is going to play with Noire for now since her reactions wouldn't be as good if they were already a couple.
- In all of the games, Compa states the little Nep-Nep is the only one for her.
- IF x Vert
- Vert shows signs of interest in IF during the course of the game.
- IF is a follower of Vert and shows surprise at the new attention.
- IF x Red
- Various cutscenes that feature Red trying to add IF to her (yuri) harem.
- On Uni's character page, she states "I love you Nepgear."
- Nepgear gets really excited whenever she sees Uni, and strongly desires to have her join the party.
- The HDD start-up scene where Nepgear gets all "lovey dovey" with IF.
- Official images supporting Nepgear x IF below.
- IF acts very possessive towards Compa, despite repeatedly insisting they're just friends. Compa doesn't seem to mind this at all.
- Various Leanbox scenes.
- Plutia is shown to be holding a Neptune doll in various official images.
- Neptune is shown to be close to Plutia in various cutscenes.
- Mentioned by the President of Neptune's fanclub.
- Plutia: "Oh my, incestual confessions"
- Noire and Blanc from the Ultradimension seem to compete for Plutia's attention most of the time. Blanc even has gotten hugs from her thanks to Noire's tsundere attitude, of which she uses to her advantage.
- Neptune x Noire returns stronger in Re;Birth thanks to Neptune saying that Noire is the closest person to her heart. She followed by proclaiming that she wouldn't mind a relationship with a goddess if it were with Noire.
- IF has hearts floating in the air when Vert talks to her
- One scene late in the game has Vert wanting to marry IF.