|Ram and Rom|
Ram and Rom
|Hair Color||Brown (Normal Form)
Blue (Rom HDD), Pink (Ram HDD)
|Eye Color|| Blue (Normal Form)
Red (Rom HDD), Blue (Ram HDD)
|Weapon||Dogoo Pencil (Ram), Die Pencil (Rom)|
|Game|| First Hyperdimension|
Hyperdimension Neptunia RE;Birth 1
|Anime||Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation|
|Voice Actor||Kaori Ishihara (Ram) and Yui Ogura (Rom) (Japanese) |
Shelby Lindley (Ram) and Erika Lenhart (Rom) (English)
Ram and Rom (ラム・ロム Ramu・Romu ) are the human forms of the White Sisters and the younger twin sisters of Blanc. While both resemble their older sister, they resemble each other more so.
They are shown using staffs in battle but they seem to wield them differently.
They both return in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.
As they are twins, Rom and Ram happen to look alike. But they also have many differences.
Ram is the one most like Blanc in terms of personality. She is usually seen smiling or smirking and likes to touch or 'get playful' with Rom and could be considered the dominant of the two twins. She may also have an attitude or a short fuse. She sees herself as being stronger than Rom, such as in the one bad ending when she kept a straight face over the ordeal until seeing Rom break down and start crying.
Rom happens to resemble Blanc the most physically. She seems to be very quiet and possibly even shy in comparison, and doesn't say much. Rom sometimes seems upset or nervous by how Ram acts or what she does. But otherwise she lets Ram do as she pleases with her. The twins never leave the house without the other. When Rom cries over her older sister Blanc's kidnapping, Ram reluctantly follows along to help Nepgear and the others.
It is suggested that they seem to enjoy making Blanc angry, as revealed in the true ending of the game and during the Manga.
As the white sisters (ホワイトシスター Howaitoshisutā ), Ram and Rom wear the exact same HDD outfit. Also like Blanc before them, they appear to be the youngest of the group.
When comparing them to Uni and Nepgear, the White Sisters cover more of their bodies and lack noticeable chest development. However, their chests are usually covered so it's unknown if there's much of a change or not.
As they are twins, it's only natural that they dress the same. The only differences will be color or positions of certain items. They have matching hair styles, though Ram's is noticeably longer and reaches her chest while Rom's only reaches her shoulders. Both of them have dark blue eyes and while Ram is usually smiling or smirking, Rom usually has a neutral or frowning expression.
They wear winter jackets over plain gray and white overall dresses. Ram's jacket is pastel pink while Rom's is pastel blue. The jacket itself has puffed sleeves and a frilled center part with many golden buttons, a collar with a big bow and six puffballs strategically placed. At the ends of the cuff is white fur lining and a big golden button. Both wear caps like Blanc's and have boots resembling their jackets. They also both wear shoulder purses. Ram's extra color is bright blue while Rom's is hot pink. Both of their heights are 132 cm.
As White Sisters the girls hair style changes to be shorter with messier/more bangs and side parts with a very long strand/part of hair over their shoulders, Ram's strand hangs over her left shoulder while Rom's hangs over her right. Although not as obvious, Ram's hair is still longer. Ram's eyes become bright blue while Rom's turn bright pink.
They gain a white suit like outfit resembling a bathing suit with pink on the outer parts and neck, and long gloves with a thick pink line going down the center and at the top. The boot like parts are connected to the body suit by the outer bands with big pink pieces while the boot itself is all white except for the foot part.
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2/Re;Birth 2Edit
Afterwards, Nepgear and her friends managed to rescue Rom and defeat Linda with the help of Ram in her HDD form. Upon the last minute, when they hear that Nepgear is the sister of Purple Heart they battle her, blaming her for the missing White Heart and upon losing they retreat.
In the English version, they believe that Nepgear is there to steal their shares and declare her an evil goddess.
Hyperdimension Neptunia VEdit
They stay in their own dimension and are playable in Chapter 10.
Chapter 1 events:
In Lowee when Neptune and Nepgear visit after doing a little work Nepgear does a little summary to the players saying about them being CPU canidates and you learn after Mina leaves the basilicom.
Hyperdimension Neptunia the AnimationEdit
Episode 1 events:
They want to see Nepgear and Uni, but Blanc doesn't let them visit other nations. After getting yelled at by Blanc Ram calls her a meanie.
Episode 2 events:
Episode 3 events:
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
|Weapons||1) Staff||1) Staff|
1) HDD transform
Ram and Rom repersent the classic two mage classes: Black Mage and White Mage.
Ram is the Black Mage of the two twins. While her attack power is nothing impressive, her Magic power is pretty high. Most of her skills focus on attacking the enemy or debuffing them. She has two healing skills, but they aren't really useful.
Rom is the White Mage and focus on healing mostly. She has some of the best healing skills in the game and has a few attack spells. Her attack power is also weak and so is her defense.
The twins are characters you have to build their SP up early for them to be really useful early on. They can easily be replaced by other characters, so they are at best when partners. Pair Blanc with Rom, and then pair a character who has trouble doing combos and building SP with Ram. Both Ram or Rom can achieve special pair combos with their sister, Blanc whether seperate or all together. All four sisters together can also execute a special move.
For a list of Rom and Ram's battle quotes, click here.
As Rom and RamEdit
- "Aw crap, it's Nepgear!" -Ram
- "You got some nerve kidnapping Rom. You really crossed the line, jerk. Look how much you made her cry!" -Ram
- "We won, we won! We kick butt!" -Ram
- "We're Lowee's pride and joy." -Ram
- "Words are overrated, smarty-pants. It's time for your spanking!" -Ram
- "STUPID! I hate this! I'm going home!" -Ram
- "Evil nemesis." -Rom
- "V stands for victory." -Rom
- "Oh, it's...Miss Nepgear!" -Rom
- "That's so cool... Hehe..." -Rom
- Ram and Rom are both based on a Nintendo DS. Because they are twins, it can be assumed that they resemble the DS' dual screen. The rectangles on their hats in their default outfit actually represent the screen icons from the DS logo.
- Ram's name comes from "Random Access Memory" while Rom's name comes from "Read Only Memory".
- It's been stated that Ram is the older sister, although it's unknown if this is real or just how she sees it. In the English version of the game Ram tells a suprised Nepgear that Rom is actually older. Rom however admits that Ram acts like the older sister. So it may be different in both versions.
- Just like White Heart, upon being defeated the first time they retreat.
- Another way to tell the twins apart, besides color, hair length, and expression is by direction. Most of Ram's things are on the left while Rom's will be on the right. From our view however, Ram is on the right hand, while Rom is on the left.
- In a recent popularity poll, Ram placed 18th while Rom oddly placed 10th, making Ram the least popular sister of the Hearts AND Goddesses.
- The twins are influenced by Nana and Popo from Ice Climbers based on the colors.
- In the game "Mugen Souls" the special Shampurus CPU Big Sis and CPU Little Sis are based off of Ram and Rom respectively.
- The fact that CPU Big Sis is based on Rom solidifies the fact that Rom is the older sister while Ram is younger sister since CPU Little sis is based on Ram.
- Ram's Voice Actor is Kaori Ishihara, strangely, she acts like Welsh Cocott(Mugen Souls) and Tiara(Fairy Fencer.F) too.
- Rom's Voice Actor is Yui Ogura, strangely, she acts like Sharuru Cocott(Mugen Souls) too.