Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (超次元アクション ネプテューヌU, lit. Super Dimension Action Neptune U) is a Neptunia action game announced by Compile Heart at the 2014 Dengeki Stage Event and is helped being developed by Tamsoft who is known for their work with the Senran Kagura games.
A world protected by the divine aegis of the four CPUs and the CPU candidates.
Even in this world the seeds of evil don't die out, and since brutal enemies along with ferocious monsters that appeared were quickly defeated by the collaboration between the CPUs and the CPU candidates, not only the goddesses themselves but also the inhabitants of Gamindustri ended up very bored.
Due to that, the goddesses discussed an interesting proposal...
- The Uchitaose, a formidable enemy by fighting while changing the character of the two people.
- Switch between the characters to support each others strengths and weaknesses.
- There is a durability value in the characters' costume. It is reduced when attacked by monsters and the defense greatly drops when destroyed. However, the EXE Drive charge gauge and critical hit rate increases, giving a chance for a reversal.
- When a character transforms, it will strongly increase various stats but gradually consumes EXE Drive gauge, and when empty the transformation returns to normal.
- Neptunia U Development team is the same team that developed the Senran Kagura franchise.
- Gameplay is similiar to that of MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptunia VS Zombies and games in the Senran Kagura franchise.